Tuesday, April 9, 2013

0

Gardens By The Bay

Posted in ,
My company recently organized a trip to Gardens By The Bay. Although I've been to the gardens twice, but this is the first time I'm entering the domes!

I read and heard much about the two domes, the main theme for today'and I understand there isn't much opportunity for HDR, so I'm leaving my tripod and my gears at home and only carrying my camera and a lens that is Macro capable.

There are two domes, being the Flower Dome, and Cloud Forest. The Flower Dome is like a showcase of plants and flowers from all over the world, in their own exhibition area. The center area will feature different flowers and decorations depending on the time of the year, with various festive decorations.

The Cloud Forest on the other hand, is based on the theme of forest above the cloud layer. There are still flowers, but mostly green vegetation. And not to mention, the place is every photographer's nightmare. First of all, you will be greeted by a huge waterfall, which splashes water at your camera relentlessly  Next, they release fine water mist into the air, to create the "cloud" effect, and you won't be able to get a shot without having a fog over your images. Nevertheless, it's still fun to visit, purely for the experience.

All the pictures below are taken at the Flower Dome. Enjoy!

This is my personal favorite. It's a sculpture of an eagle from a tree or something, and I thought desaturating the colors and enhancing it's features would make a dramatic effect.






This is a still from a video which explains how fire starts in the Australian plains, and how to trees regenerate.

Have a great time at the gardens and keep your camera dry!

0 comments: